Trampoline and Tumbling FAQs
Which class in the Trampoline and Tumbling program should my child take?
We have three entry level classes: TnT, Trampﬁt and Anti-Gravity classes. Each of the classes are similar in curriculum but have a different emphasis. It is recommended that your child take one term of each class so that the experience will allow them to choose which class they prefer!
How should my child dress for TnT Classes?
- Girls wear a leotard or shorts and a tucked in tee shirt.
- Boys wear shorts and a tee shirt, tucked in.
- Socks are recommended as the trampoline bed surface can be abrasive on sensitive feet.
- Hair should be pulled back for safety. Long hair interferes with rolling, somersaulting and twisting skills.
- Please, no gum or jewelry.
- If your child has cuts or scabs on the lower body, they should be bandaged adequately prior to class to protect them from re-opening.
When will my child learn a ﬂip?
Lesson plans are designed to teach aerial somersaulting low and close to the trampoline where it can be shaped for proper entry and exit timing. During latter stages skills are comleted upright from feet to feet. Children grow and progress at an individual pace based on their given levels of physical, emotional and cognitive ability. With this in mind, the key is the repetition of skills over a long period to achieve goals.
Why is my child playing games along side the trampolines?
Frequently, you will see games along side the learning stations in TnT classes. Besides strength and ﬂexibility, Trampoline and Tumbling is also a sport that requires a great deal of focus and concentration due to the natural risks, which involve both rotation and height. For this reason we have developed an approach to help acquire these skills while waiting for turns on the learning stations. The purpose of these games is to: 1. Engage the children’s minds in a productive manner with thinking activities. 2. Attach an element of coordination, strength and ﬂexibility to some of the games. 3. Spice up the lesson plan with fun stations! 4. Fully maximize the class time