COVID-19 Update for Kids First Too
Dear Kids First Too Families,
First, thank you all for your patience and support as we have been navigating our way through un-chartered territory. Behind the scenes we have been discussing, preparing, and planning for our KF emergency stages in regard to COVID-19. With the closing of the Ohio schools on March 12 by Gov. DeWine, Kids First Too has initiated our planned course of action.
Is Kids First Too open?
Yes. Kids First Too will remain open with programming modifications in the facility.
All instructional classes will continue as regularly scheduled until further notice. We are asking all families to please limit the number of people accompanying their student/athlete to the facility when possible.
Steps we’re taking to keep our families safe:
- Sanitizing restrooms, counter tops, equipment, seating area, door knobs and commonly used areas frequently throughout the building.
- Enforcing our illness policy with staff & students.
- Providing hand sanitizer throughout Kids First Too for your use upon entry and exit.
- Getting plans in place for the potential next stages of the virus. We are meeting regularly to refine and update our plans and procedures as necessary.
- Limiting employee business travel pending approval from Executive Office.
- Monitoring employee personal travel.
NOTE: The three week school closure is mandated by the Governor of Ohio as a precautionary measure to reduce the spread of the illness. Kids First Too is following the CDC recommendations for recreational centers with elective programming. We are asking all families to please limit the number of people accompanying their student/athlete to KF.
What if I choose to miss class?
Our Hospitality Department has removed all expiration dates for make ups. We will be extremely liberal with make ups and will do all we can to accommodate our families.
Prior to this afternoon’s announcement, our Executive Leadership Team had spent the morning solidifying our plans should additional steps be necessary. We had already self imposed a company wide suspension of travel including our competitive gymnastics, dance, and cheer team for this weekend.
We realize this is an incredibly confusing time for many, as it has been for us as well.
As always, we thank you for your trust in us and will continue to update you frequently.